Sunday, September 15, 2013

2nd Anniversary: Back in Time

My muscle man and I decided that for our anniversary, we wanted to do something a little special. But since the day fell during crazy busy times at work for both of us, our options were kind of limited. We couldn't take a day off or even a half day to enjoy ourselves, so we figured the next best thing would be to eliminate our hour long commute and stay in the city for an evening.


 But seeing as how we are very much not urban creatures, spending an evening in a swanky high rise just isn't my thing. We were lucky enough to find a bed and breakfast only a few blocks away from our work, and we thought that would be an absolutely perfect option!  (link) So I called and booked us a room for our honeymoon night, figuring we could at least get off work and relax for a few hours without having to deal with traffic!The room was super cute, there was this toile canopy over the iron bed, and there was even a TV tucked away in the armoire!





After we took a little tour of the house (gorgeous!) we headed off to find some dinner. There's several dozen awesome restaurants only a few blocks away in Birmingham's 5 points area, so we had several choices in front of us, ranging from fast food to 5 star gourmet... We chose a great little sushi bar and lucked up with early bird specials, haha we like food, but we're super cheap =P Then it was back to the hotel for some relaxing time! TV for my muscle man, and a nice bath for me!! 


 I was super excited when I booked our room that it had a restored clawfoot tub, so of course I couldn't resist a nice long soak! 




 And of course with it being our anniversary, I had to get a few shots with my muscle man!


 After our little one night stay, I think my muscle man and I are totally ready to sell our house and move downtown! haha well maybe not for real, but it was so nice to get off work and have so much time in the evening, not to mention waking up the next morning later than usual, enjoying a fabulous home cooked breakfast, and still making it to work on time! All in all, it was a perfect little anniversary escape for when our busy schedules didn't allow much else =D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...