Thursday, November 29, 2012

Man's Cave?

I'm not so sure that "ManCave" is really the word we should continue to use for our basement movie lounge, because nearly everything in it was my contribution!! =D Don't get me wrong, my muscle man definitely loves how everything is turning out, but from the design to the decorating, it's very much been my project!
 We're not finished with it yet, but at least for the moment we have a very useable, very enjoyable cave that I just can't wait to show off! So even though we still have some work to do (a few more wall decorations, a new TV and stand, and hopefully some furniture that's more 'have friends over to watch movies'-friendly), I figured it's close enough to done to at least show a few pics, including this amazing before-and-"after"!


The room is really turning into a movie-cave, complete with red velvet curtains that act as "doors" for the archway entry, bookshelves quickly filling with star wars collectibles, and a practical shrine to the amazing art of Matt Busch! I simply love the anniversary movie posters he did for the trilogy, I'm so honored to finally have a place to hang them!
 The back wall is still lacking a little bit(and cluttered, so I didn't show off the full 360 degree view), but we just got this amazing black glass corner desk for my muscle man. Now that it's been installed and his computer is up and running, he has a proper space for gaming! (until now he'd just been playing WoW from the couch, using the TV as a monitor =P)

 With all this talk of a man-cave, I can't help but realize that this is quickly becoming my favorite room in the house! I mean nearly all the furnishings on the walls and bookshelves are things I've collected over the years, and I love being able to watch movies against that gorgeous light absorbing black wall/ceiling! So why should the men get to have all the fun? I'm still going to call it the man-cave, but that's mostly because lady-cave just sounds wrong..very very wrong...and I just don't see that title catching on anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...