Thursday, June 20, 2013

Leia Loves Baseball

It's no secret that I'm not that huge of a sports fan... But when it comes to Baseball, I make a bit of an exception... My family is big into baseball, hell my father and brother both played college ball, and I cannot count how many summer 'vacations' were spent traveling the south east from tournament to tournament (mostly for my brother, I stopped playing when they made me play softball =P I liked co-ed kids baseball much better. Softballs are too hard for me to hit, and they're harder to catch and throw also!)  So each year when summer rolls around I like to go see a game or two if we can, and I especially look forward to Star Wars night at the local double A club!

This year though, I got to take charge of an invite from the Montgomery Biscuits, after finding out we had booked the Birmingham Barons game for the night before... 2 baseball games in one weekend?! Oh I was quite a happy lady =D

Since I took the lead on the Montgomery game, I figured I would take the chance to throw out the first pitch, and then due to some last minute swaps, I also got to throw out the pitch at the Barons game!! My muscle man was awesome enough to get a video for me Friday night in Birmingham.

So Leia's not going to get scouted any time soon, but at least I made it over the plate at least!!=D I'll take it!!

We were far too busy the next night to get any video, but we did get some photos of the amazing fans at the biscuits game =)



What an absolutely fun and amazing weekend, the only downside of doing star wars night is that we don't really get to enjoy watching the game... Which means I'll be dragging my muscle man back to the ball field later this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...