Friday, June 24, 2011

Photo Friday: Summer's Just Begun, part 2

continued from Part 1....

After me and the muscle man spent our Saturday morning at the gardens, we decided to go to his parent's lake house for the evening! Yay for not having weekend plans, it's a little under an hour away from us, but since the lake house is down dirt roads and a bit out of the way, it's not the kind of place you just run over to for an afternoon =P So rather than going over Sunday and coming back, we drove down Saturday evening to meet his parents and the new addition to their clan...
Puppy!! haha muscle man's mom has been wanting a new pup for a while, and found this pretty little lab/mix lady! She's super sweet, but wow she's going to be massive! She's already a little bigger than the dog (our little rat terrier) and she's only a couple of months old! Their wise old dog isn't exactly happy about the new addition, but I'm sure she'll warm up to her.
The wise old dog is looking quite dignified here, but I guarantee you she didn't smell dignified... She loves to roll in anything stinky!


As for our dog (the only dude of the bunch now haha) he was quite happy to be at the lake! I love the view from the deck, even though the lake house is kinda tucked away into an outcropping, you can see out to the dam and part of the larger portion of the lake, in addition to seeing the neighbors across the way in the outcropping... very pretty! 


I'm not a huge water sports fan, but the muscle man begged all day to go knee boarding lol. So he finally got his wish, and as for me, I stayed on the lovely patio and did the best I could to get a few photos with my lens all the way out at 200mm =P I still had to crop these quite a bit, but yay laziness!And yes, he's being pulled by a sea doo... Which makes me laugh... But it was way more practical than any other option, since we already had the sea doo out and it had gas (remember, dirt road, way out in the middle of nowhere Alabama?) I did join in on the fun riding around the lake on the thing, but I draw the line at knee boarding... Riding around the lake isn't really my cup of tea either, but it is fun to hold on super tight to my muscle man while he drives me around!


And this one I just have to share, the lake house has this amazing rock wall on the driveway... So gorgeous!! I couldn't think of a more perfect spot for me and the muscle man to get a great parting shot before we headed back to civilization! 

What a fabulous start to the summer! =D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...