Saturday, April 19, 2014

Year 6 done, and Lucky 7's Just Begun

Wow... 6 years of taking a self-portrait every day. I don't think I could ever have thought that this project would evolve this way when I began it, but it has turned into the most challenging and rewarding journey, and has truly become a part of me. But this year as I looked through my photos, I came to a bit of a realization.



This journey is no longer just mine. My favorite images as I looked through all 365 were the ones that my muscle man was also included in. And since this project was originally intended to be more about learning photography, I notice that I do enjoy composing shots for the two of us much more than just taking a simple "selfie". Then there is the obvious perk of having all these wonderful shots of us to look back on, something not many couples can say, outside of the aforementioned selfies =P






So for this year, my 7th of taking a daily portrait, I think it's definitely time for a bit of a change! Although it was a bit of a challenge to get my muscle man to agree to it, he's reluctantly agreed to join in! I've decided that to make it easier on myself, diptychs are totally acceptable, and I may even let my muscle man take over the camera for some of my shots! 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...