Sunday, April 13, 2014

Florida Keys (part 2- Fun in the Coral)

My muscle man and I were very excited about our trip down to the keys, my uncle and his fiance are scuba divers too, so we were so glad to get into the water! The seas were not really in our favor until later in the week, the first day we went out on my uncle's boat and it was choppy and the visibility was poor, but we still had a great time! Despite the seas being not so great, they did clear up more through the week, so we got in several excellent reef dives =D I adore reefs, I could just spend hours looking at all the little details like the flamingo tongues and little christmas tree worms!  And the local dive shop had the red underwater filter for my gopro, so my photos and videos don't have that greenish tint anymore!



Since my muscle man only got scuba certified last year, we haven't really made any dive trips with other divers, so that was fun also. My uncle is an old pro, him and my dad have been divers longer than I've been alive, and his fiance is new at it like my muscle man. I'm nowhere near as comfortable or knowledgeable underwater as him, but it was fun that each couple had a veteran/novice dynamic, and my muscle man is convinced more than ever now that he wants to get advanced scuba training. 






And naturally, no dive trip to the Florida Keys would be complete without a trip to Molasses reef to see the Christ of the Abyss statue. There were lots of snorkelers there which made for some cool pictures as well. The surrounding reef was very nice, though shallow, so many cool soft corals!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...