Monday, February 18, 2013

The One Where I Apologize For Getting Behind... Again

Whoops... Just when I get everything all sorted and situated, and have just gotten back on track with blogging on a semi-regular basis, and more importantly, posting my daily self-portraits to deviantArt on an almost daily basis, life goes and throws me a curve ball...

But keeping with my family's history of being amazing baseball players, (my dad and brother both went to college on baseball scholarships!) I must say I took the curve ball and hit quite the homerun, so to speak... At least in real life that is... my online life has just had to take a bit of a backseat due to it...
See, several weeks back, my boss unexpectedly quit, leaving me quite a bit stunned and more than a little worried about what was going to happen to our rather small team that he managed (there's three of us, and then he had one sort-of peer that had no employees 'under' him, so the peer was sort of our manager, but with no authority)

That was on a Friday... and after a fabulous but very tiring weekend caving with my muscle man, I headed into work Monday with no idea what would happen.. .I mean I felt very secure in my job, hell earlier in the week the "ceo" (we're an LLC, so that's not his real title, but close enough) had sent me an email asking if I would take on more responsibilities, not knowing my boss was considering leaving. But I was still a bit worried... would the "peer-manager" now be my official boss? Would we be under the ceo directly? Our little department integrated into another?


Well just shortly into my shift the ceo brings me into his office, and lays out the plan... Our department will be broken down, the work redivided into 2 mini-departments (bummer) but the peer manager would be blended into the department I wasn't going into, which meant I'd be getting a promotion and raise(awesome!) and taking on a lot of the responsibilities that my boss had. (funny thing is, I've been telling my muscle man for months the ceo should can my old boss and give me his  work, he was far overpaid for what he was doing, so it's interesting how things have worked out!)  Long story short here, combined with the new responsibilities I'd told the ceo I'd take on the week before, it's  lots of work for me but in the next few months it'll level out and be perfect!


But, short story long, I was already trying my best to keep up and the ceo sends me an invite to a work conference at the beach! ummm.... definitely not going to pass that up!! Not only do I love the beach, but I'm not going to tell the main person in charge that I am too busy to go to a seminar he thinks I need to attend, only a week after he's expressed confidence in me and given me a promotion! So I got a fabulous 3 day trip to the beach, at the worst possible time work wise, but it was definitely a chance for the ceo to get to know me, and for me to learn some more about how other businesses do the tasks I'll be heading up at our office.



So that's where I've been lately!! It has been an insanely crazy February, and the month still has quite a ways to go! Definitely not what I was expecting when I vowed to keep up with my daily posts of my self-portraits in January, haha guess that's karma for me though... I'm certainly not going to complain, but I definitely wish there was more time to have a nice balance between work, home, and extra-curriculars right now!

2 comments:

  1. I think that is among the most vital information for me.

    And i'm happy reading your article. However wanna observation on few common things, The website style is great, the articles is really nice : D. Just right activity, cheers

    Also visit my page - love quotes for Him

    ReplyDelete
  2. A late congratulations Angela! Hope it's all working out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...