Sunday, October 21, 2012

Disney Day 2: Adrenaline Rush

While me and the muscle man got a practically free Disney trip from my friend, she had to earn her keep and go to work for a day, so while she made magic we went with her brother (who also works at Disney) and boyfriend for a day of fun at Hollywood Studios. It worked out quite nicely since my bestie isn't a huge fan of trill rides, so we were able to get the wild rides like tower of terror, rockn' rollercoaster, and star tours! First up we swung to tower for fastpasses, and spent our wait time hanging out at g-force records.


 Waiting in this queue line does have some advantages, mostly this amazing marble door! I've seen kids torture their parents with this thing, but honestly the textur-al experience is just so cool!                                                  
The best thing about having lived and played at Disney before is that I've gotten so used to the timing and rhythm of the rides that I feel pretty comfortable taking (self) portraits while on the rides!  I'd taken photos before on a few rides, Space Mountain mostly, since I know that ride best and I tested out my bravery on Tower of Terror last time we came to disney (and tried to do everything in one day, wow!) ... But this time around I went all out and got a shot blasting into the abyss at 60mph! 


 Successful ride and photo taken and a quick brunch pizza later, we headed back to tower of terror, which is one of the muscle man's favorites... He's quite the Twilight Zone fan, so he especially loves the theming!











 After a trip to watch the Indiana Jones stunt show and the Muppet's 3-D muppet-vision, it was back to Star Tours (we grabbed fastpasses on this one too, it was surprisingly popular, which made me excited!).




 We finished up the day at Hollywood Studios with a rainy Lights, Motors, Action show, and my friend was able to finish up her day at work and join us about half-way through the show! I think my muscle man really enjoyed the show, he's a bit of a gear-head so he really enjoyed watching the cars and seeing how they modded the vehicles for the show. 















Since there was still a bit of rain, after the show we decided to wait out the weather in the car and head out to Epcot for dinner,  by the time we arrived there the sun was back out and the food sounded amazing! But that's for another blog =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...