Saturday, May 19, 2012

Project 27- some outtakes

(original)
 In the course of taking a self-portrait every day, it's inevitable that I get more than just 365 good shots each year... But because most of the time the shots are so similar to the one I wind up choosing for my daily shot, the other good ones usually get ignored. I always think 'oh I'll go back and edit those later', but then I never do, and even if  I do they wind up hiding in some folder forever, as I figure deviantArt (where I post my daily shot) is pretty full of photos of me already lol!
(original)




But since I have a blog, I figure I should really try to get some of those shots out of the dark corners of my hard drive and show them off instead! I'd really like to make it at the very least a monthly feature, but we'll see how busy my life winds up and if I'm able to keep up with that! Click the link below each photo to visit the "official" shot of each "outtake" over on deviantArt.




(original)
 Of course, having a feature like this relies on having multiple good shots per shoot (day) And that's sometimes difficult... I don't often change my camera angle each shoot, I just set it up, pull out the remote, and grab half a dozen shots with only minimal differences in pose, to make sure I've caught the light and focus properly. Then I check those shots on the camera lcd, and if it looks decent enough, I call it a day.  But often enough I change the camera angle or my position, and end up scrutinizing a couple of photos while I'm editing to try to determine which I like better, and which will be banished to the 'I'll get to it later' folder...



Sometimes I even have several I like, here's 2 that didn't make the cut for the daily photo a few weeks ago, and it took me a while to narrow it down to just those 3!

After doing the daily photo thing for 4 years, I've noticed several photos that use very formulaic shots that I fall back on when I need a shot and have little creative(or otherwise) energy... I've learned quite well how to "shoot from the hip" and pretty well know how to set my camera to get the shot I want, especially for these setups that I frequently use haha!
                       (original)                           (original)                           (original)

(original)


Sometimes there's an issue with the background, I'm very careful not to show off messes in my house (and believe me, there's plenty of those!) If I have a choice between my daily photo having a messy background and a nice, clean one, I'm going to take the clean one, despite how much I may like the composure of the other one...

(original)
There's several others that just don't make the cut for various reasons, sometimes it's as simple as I like some technical aspect of the other shot better than the 'outtake' one, sometimes I just took multiple angles during the shoot in case one didn't work out, and other times I'm just a girl and think I don't look as good in one shot as the other!                                                                           




(original)



(original)
(original)

And as always, see the shots that did make the cut over on deviantArt as well as the rest of the daily photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...