Wednesday, December 8, 2010

365 Extras: Christmas Cards!

I think it's been well established that I'm not much for normal traditions, I mean I dress up constantly, but Halloween is almost always a bust for me, so I'm not that big on the king of dressing up holidays... Instead I save my fun for a few weeks later and get into the holiday spirit with a wonderful somewhat sacrilegious Christmas Slave Leia photoshoot! =D This year, with my wonderful seamless white background at my disposal, I thought why not set up the tree to take full photo-advantage of the studio atmosphere!

 I always end up doing a massive photoshoot for my Christmas photo, but only one makes the cut, but not this year! Enjoy some outtakes and extras from this years nearly 100 images...

 
My inspiration ornament,  even Hallmark says it's totally ok to have Slave Leia around at Christmas! I was trying to get just the right balance of lighting between the quick flash at the start and then a long exposure to bring out the lights from the tree, without having a red glow cast onto the background from the tree... Mind you, to do this the only lights have to be the tree, and the flash.. Meaning darkness during most of the process! Yup, standing in the relative dark and taking pictures, and I enjoyed every minute of it!







 Here's a fun little extra, I never seem to show off the back of the costume, which means I never show off the back of my hairstyle! I spend a good deal of time getting my hair to look awesome from all angles, I use extensions for volume and a little length, but I hate showing that off so obviously by having just extensions falling out of the bun like a lot of girls do... I wanna show off my real hair! So it takes a little longer, but it's very much worth it to know that those pervs taking pictures of my back at conventions are still getting a good view, head to toe =P

As for the Muscle Man, he and the dog had loads of fun ignoring me for most of the shoot, but he joined me eventually for some Christmas family photos! Never really understood these, getting everyone together for the holidays for a fancy, 100% useless the rest of the year photo =P Lucky me, I have my camera at my disposal so I can get a family photo whenever I'd like, so Christmas gives me a little excuse for some fun stuff! The dog only stayed put for one photo, and he's looking at me like he hates it for that one lol!  I had loads of fun post processing these, I rarely do much editing to my photos but I thought the holidays were an acceptable time for the foolery of photoshop editing!
 
As always, huge thanks to Jamin at LeiasMetalBikini.com for making such an amazing bikini, and an awesome website as well! For anyone considering this brave ensemble, I highly recommend his! They are well worth the extra money, I know trying to make my own I've spent well over what they cost from the site, and much more durable than anything I could make myself. =) Also the first Christmas card was a collaboration between him and I and Justin, so you can thank him as well for starting such an awesome tradition!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...